Monday 7 January 2019

more new year's resolutions

Same as last year and the year before that. Giving up before I've started, though it's time to earn more and learn more and become a better person. A fork in the road from which I can double-down on over-indulgence or jog smugly towards a series of ever-earlier sunrises. Until finally I free myself from stress and what? I'll peak under a burning sun. Relax in brisk open-air.

But I'll never accomplish all these. I've given myself too much to do once again. The thought of it gets guilt and panic mixing in my belly. For comfort, and since wasting less food is high on my agenda, I'll put together a small cheese and biscuit platter and think things over.

The list is daunting: Read 52 books for a start. Improve the health of my heart. Proceed to parties with panache. Hand-make a fetching Lib Day sash. Set aside meat. Stop having a sweet: fruit and veg will do for a treat. Run or swim or yogarise once a day. Learn French proper in time for the vaykay.

I will get round to it. Change will come. But first: finish the cheese and fetch that Christmas rum.

No comments:

Post a Comment