Thursday 31 December 2020

twenty-one new years resolutions

I will plan to be better in the future tense
As of midnight all self-improvements recommence
I would step over buildings without breaking stride
Be yogafied daily till it engenders pride
Run in the rain, up hills and along the beaches 
Sing loudly just to see where to my voice reaches
Give up coffee again and leave my comfort zone
Stop spending half the day just staring at my phone
Disentangle the nervousness within my dog
And learn to live with my internal monologue
Give loads to charity without telling a soul
Stand up to butter: exercise self-control
Go rock climbing and swimming till my toes give out
Hit the brakes: do a U-turn on the road to gout
Read more and go out more and learn an instrument
See the ordinary can be magnificent
Learn to keep schtum while also having my say
Ease off and
take each day
as just 
another
day

No comments:

Post a Comment