Tuesday 15 January 2013

67 - Diary Entry (4th December)

I don't often keep a diary, but I did for much of the three months I spent in Taiwan last year. For me, it is interesting to read this entry, since I remember the moment precisely, including many details that aren't, or can't be, included here. Ironically, since I am soon to return to Taiwan, I presently wish I didn't have to go, though I reckon I'll love it once I'm there.

4th December
Pingtung

There's a man outside strimming the grass. I have a habit of being annoyed by these kinds of noises, but I find it enjoyable today. Wanted to watch him while I waited for Liang Lao-shi (my Chinese teacher at the time) to arrive.

Quite like these empty, quiet times alone. Don't know why but I ended up watching him for more than ten minutes. It wasn't exactly interesting but I enjoyed seeing his near identical movements - sweeping arcs side to side - repeated over and over.

My three months here is very nearly at an end and I can't think about not extending it. There are many times when I feel extremely lonely but that is often compounded by my pastimes. Just now have to stop writing as both my teacher and Du Lao-shi's sister have come in, the latter bearing home-grown passion fruit. They smell so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment