Tuesday 26 February 2013

85 - Out in the Fields

Out in the fields, where I left myself, uncertain of what to do next,
cockroaches crawled around my toes and I bled from the nose
(the after-effect of seeing how far over I could lean while not touching the handlebars).

I looked through scud rocket clouds and tried to dream of last's night's full moon.
Tried to remember the circle round it.
When we were only fifteen or so one of my friends rushed to a phonebox to ring our Physics teacher, waking him up in the middle of the night to ask why there was a great hazy ring around the moon.
Normally he played pranks but on this occassion he seemed genuinely panicked.

It's hard to forget that this is not my land.
There are spaces between the rows of banana trees and I cannot relax.
Will you have nightmares again? And will I be there to stop them?

No comments:

Post a Comment