Saturday 16 August 2014

Pulis: "I wish you all the joy you can wish"

Having left Crystal Palace by mutual consent less than 48 hours before the start of the season, Tony Pulis has issued a statement to fans of the club.

His missive, which has been noted for its personal tone, begins: "I wish you all the joy that you can wish" before adding "For I am sure you can wish none from me" in an admission of his inability, under the circumstances, to bring continued success to Selhurst Park. While his sudden departure has drawn criticism from many Palace fans, Pulis' statement gave away no hint of bitterness. It continued as follows: "And when your honors mean to solemnize the bargain of your faith, I do beseech you, even at that time I may be married too".

This last part confused some in the press pack, but Pulis simply wished the club all the best in the coming campaign and, refusing to answer any more questions, sauntered off while wiping away a tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment